Cost Effective to Restore Your Smile
Most dental bonding procedures take 10 to 15 minutes per tooth, depending on your situation. The painless procedure can be completed in one visit.
Composite dental bonding is a versatile and cost-effective way to restore your smile. For instance, restore decayed tooth structure, replace old unattractive fillings, change the color of your teeth, or reshape and re-contour a less than ideal smile.
The tooth-colored composite resin is a plastic mixture filled with glass (silicon dioxide). Composite fillings have a slightly higher rate of wear than traditional silver fillings.
What is the dental bonding process?
During your bonding appointment, Dr. Neal:
- Applies a conditioning agent and an adhesive to the remaining clean, prepared, tooth structure.
- This helps the composite adhere.
- Applies layers of the bonding “composite” material onto the tooth.
- Uses a light source to set the material.
- Shapes, smooths and polishes the surfaces.
Cosmetically bonded teeth may chip or stain like your natural teeth.
How long does bonding usually last?
Bonded restorations should last several years or more before requiring a touch-up or replacement.