Longer lasting – Stronger than Bonding
Dental veneers are stronger and have a longer life than bonding, but the process requires more time. Treatment may take two office visits to complete and with proper oral hygiene the results will typically last from years to decades.
Ultra-thin sculpted pieces of tooth-shaped porcelain (Veneers) fit over the front of your teeth. A wonderful option for fixing teeth that are discolored, chipped, pitted, malformed, crooked or if you have unwanted spaces. In certain situations, a change in upper lip fullness and balance can be obtained by placing porcelain laminate veneers on your front teeth.
Unlike crowns or caps, porcelain laminate veneers don’t require the removal of much tooth structure and are therefore much more conservative.
What is the process for Dental Veneers?
Veneers are usually created in a dental laboratory from an impression taken in a dental office.
- First visit, the color is matched using a shade guide and the teeth are “prepared/filed down” a bit.
- Prepared teeth are then fitted with temporaries while the porcelain veneers are being created at the lab.
- The restorations (veneers) are approved by the patient and Dr. Neal
- Veneers are cemented directly onto the teeth
- Dr. Neal polishes veneers to create a natural, aesthetic smile.